This recipe comes directly from Crisco’s website. I found it when one day I was craving something sweet and decided chocolate chip cookies would do the trick. I had all the ingredients except butter – but I had Crisco. This recipe is simple and the cookies delicious.
- 3/4 cup Crisco vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.